Friday, March 30, 2012

Sold! It's all over but the packing!

Yep... We sold! Can I get a "Woot?!"  

I cannot tell you how excited we are about selling.  We were going to move regardless, but it allows me to move on and not worry about two mortgage payments.  I would like to get a few new things for the new house and this will let me do just that.

Okay. So.  I am climbing up on top of my soap box.  Wait a minute......  There.  On it.  Are you listening??  Okay.  REALTORS matter!  I have bought and sold 7 homes since 1988.  Selling a property on your own is the biggest mistake one can make.  Just make sure you get one as good as mine.  If the words "lock box" come out of their mouths move on!  No doubt, my Realtor had everything to do with selling my property, negotiating the best deal possible and making sure it closes.  Over the years, he has become my best friend too, so that is fun!

Moving at the end of April....gotta get packing....


-The End-

16 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Congratulations! That was fast! All those renovation projects paid off big time!

Twice Nice said...

Woot! Congratulations! While your Realtor gets lots of credit, don't forget to give yourself some too. All your prep work, and staging made his job so easy! Can't wait to see the new house and the projects that will come along with it!

Cassie Bustamante said...

YAY!!!!!!! congratulations!!! we had an awesome realtor, too and i agree ie is a tremendous help. ours cared about us and getting us what we wanted. that is important!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

WOOT!! WOOT!! Let's throw in a HIGH FIVE too. So happy for you Lesley. That's what I meant when I said, "I hope you sell, so you can move on". I knew you were going to move anyway, but selling is something you don't have to think about anymore. You can focus on your new abode.

Grammy Goodwill said...

YAY! Great news. As someone who plans to put our house on the market soon, please let me know why you don't like lock boxes.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You get a WOOT from me! Congratulations, and happy packing!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

What a beautiful home! Congrats on selling it. I can see why it got snatched up!! Good luck with the move!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Lesley,

Congratulations! Yippee!!!

Dee

Karen Isaacson said...

great news! may it all go smoothly.

Sheryl said...

Congratulations on selling your home !

Janet said...

I'm so happy for you that you sold your house! Good luck with your packing. :)

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

So happy for you! I hope this means I will see you in June!!!

Unknown said...

That is such happy news.. Congrats to you and your family!!

Paul said...

Congratulations, i'd been following your story for some time, got to say i'll miss the blog posts, though I guess a new beggining means anew blog posts?

Sam I Am...... said...

I have yet to have a good realtor...trust me...mine give all the others a bad name! They are bad down here/up here.

Lisa Montsion said...

Congrats on saleing your home.

lisa